To celebrate the English singer/songwriter’s 29th birthday, we take a look at some interesting facts about her life, musical influences, and accomplishments.
Adele is one of the most successful recording artists of all time, having sold over 100 million records to date. And now that she’s turned 29 today, inquiring minds want to know how long she’ll use her age to name her albums? (A fun running joke between her and The Late Late Show‘s host James Corden.)
To ring in Adele’s birthday, check out these fun facts:
- Adele was raised by her mother… who once snuck her into a Cure concert when she was just a little tyke. #CoolMom
- Among her musical inspirations as a child, Adele loved listening to Spice Girls and Ella Fitzgerald.
- When she was recording her album 25, Adele was influenced by Madonna‘s Ray of Light and Moby‘s Play.
- The story behind Adele’s song “Daydreamer” is about one of her ex boyfriends who was bisexual and fled into the arms of another man.
- It only took her two days to write “All I Ask” with Bruno Mars.
- Adele admits she is at her creative best when she’s had more than her fair share to drink.
- To date, Adele has won 15 Grammys and 3 Guinness World Records.